For current menus, which change weekly, follow us here on Facebook - >
WE WELCOME YOU BACK!
We are happy to have you back in our restaurant, it’s been too long! We want to assure you that we will continue taking the utmost care with regard to sanitation and the wellness of our guests and staff. The last several months have put an undue burden on our financial situation. Like many other restaurants we already operated on razor-thin margins, and the required shut-down of our inside dining has meant a huge loss of income for the restaurant, as well as our staff members. We’ll also be facing a record increase in food costs and additional costs associated with increased sanitation and personal protective equipment for our staff, all while working at a required diminished occupancy of fifty percent. Sustaining our staff members and protecting the investment in our business, historic property, and community will drive how we begin to reopen and reinvent our restaurant and hotel. Please note the following changes to our experience.
- Sanitation and Safety: For the near future we ask that GUESTS PLEASE WEAR MASKS when entering or exiting the restaurant as well as moving around the restaurant or using the restroom. You are welcome to remove your mask once seated at your table. We will be requiring our staff to wear masks during service, both of these requirements are state mandated. We will also be monitoring temperatures and keeping health logs of all of our staff as well as performing hourly sanitation of contact surfaces for our guests’ safety. We have also changed our dining room layouts to meet social distancing guidelines.
- We will be featuring smaller more limited menus that will change weekly. We chose this opportunity to delve further into offering you the freshest food available as well as placing an “uber” local focus on our already “buy local” mantra by further supporting the nearby farms and families that provide food for our tables. Our Main, Fountain and Wine Cellar dining rooms will feature a 4-course menu for $65, available each evening. Our lounge and patio will feature a small plates menu with the opportunity to purchase additional items at a ‘la carte pricing.
- Our hours of operation will initially be limited and will expand with business demand. We do REQUEST THAT YOU MAKE A RESERVATION FOR DINNER HOURS. We are not currently allowed to have guests gathered in groups or waiting in public areas. If you are walking-in, it doesn’t mean that we can’t accommodate you immediately, we just ask that you call to be sure that we have a space ready for you. Reservations can be made through our website, directly through OpenTable or by phone at 717-235-5918. Parties will currently be limited to a maximum of 10, and our ability to accommodate groups of 8 or more guests will be limited to our Wine Cellar dining room due to table spacing in order to meet social distancing guidelines.
- We will be initiating a 3% service charge on each guest check. This charge will allow us to continue to pay our talented staff both front and back of the house the wages that professionals in the service industry deserve while working at a diminished occupancy. Please understand that we, along with many other privately-owned restaurants across the United States, are facing unprecedented changes in how we are allowed to operate.
- We ask that you and your guests please be calm and patient as our staff works to meet and navigate the new challenges in our operation.
Finally, we are looking forward to offering you the relaxing, casual-fine dining experience that you’ve come to expect from us over the last two and a half years. We want you to feel safe and feel comfortable when you’re our guest, and we’ll be doing everything we can to ensure that your experience is even better than before.
Brandon C. Hufnagel